I have 4 brand new tires on my pontiac sunfire. Do i need to deflate some air out of my tires in the winter? I am all over the road

Asked by Dec 15, 2013 at 09:26 AM

No, the tires should be inflated to the specification listed on the sticker that can be found on the driver's or passenger's side door jam. Your owner's manual will also give you the correct tire inflation pressures as well. Did you get an alignment with your new tires? You should have. That could be the problem. HTH. -Jim

No i didn't. They never mentioned that. I got 2 new tires put on the front. It was still all over the road so 2 weeks later they checked my tires in back. They said they were bald so they changed those & put the newer ones in front. It is fine except when there is alot of snow. I had heard before you get better traction if you let a little air out

That's probably why. You should always put the new tires on the rear. By letting air out you actually cause the tires to bow in the middle of the tread. Creating less contact with the road. Thereby reducing your traction. HTH. -Jim