My 93 Explorer failed smog "Check Engine"Light doesnt come on what can I check before I'm forced to take it to a rob you blind mechanic

Loree Hill

Asked by Nov 17, 2013 at 04:23 PM

My check engine light has stopped working and it's not the bulb what can I check
that would cause it to not work before I'm forced to take it to a mechanic. I really
need my "Beast" to pass SMOG

get a diagnostic plug in scanner for 16 dollars and read you trouble codes...then RESET the trouble codes with this device~

1 out of 1 people think this is helpful. will make the computer behave itself by "refreshing the ground" connection, by following the black battery cable to where it attaches to the chassis ground...coarse wirebrush the spot where it bolts...wire brush the lug and the spot bolt them together...what has happened here is that through repeated starts over the last couple of years....the connection has gone "semi-conductor" issuing varying voltages at varying amperages....not noticable for the 300 amp monsters like the startermotor, but varying amperages delivered to the delicate computer chips DOES cause errors to appear when they ain't there....SOLID grounding is this cleaning the 1/0 cable at where it meets the rest of the vehicle BEFORE you 'clear the codes'....also Tin/Antimony batteries only last five years before they stop accepting a charge...gimp along with reduced output....SO get a NEW battery~

Best Answer