I have a 98 Ford Ranger with the 3 liter 2 wheel drive whatever years and motors fit it in

Asked by Nov 06, 2013 at 05:41 PM

Motors that fit 1998 3 liter ford ranger

255

Ok, start with the 8th digit in the vin number. If it is a U,S, or 2, any 3.0 out of a ford motor company vehicle will work, just match the vin code with the replacement engine.(Taurus are easily found In salvage yards all over, and carry all of the same coded engines.) If you have the unfortunate luck to have a flex-fuel motor(vin code E), sorry, you must get another flex fuel motor to match the wiring and computer. OR! you can do what I like to do! Gut the engine compartment, little body and frame adjustments, and just stuff a 351w in it! =)

Say goodbye to your truck. Take pictures of it for good memories yet it is time to move on. Good Ford's are easy to find with under 50k miles and will be worry free for you especially if you buy repair coverage in your deal for around 125k. You pay minimum deduction $250.00 and let say in my experience CarMack the business. They pride themselves on getting you the best financing rates dependinding on your credit situation. I plan to take down a 1996 Cheyenne Chevy 1500 nag also my stepwise Ranger to just give up on fixing them both which I love yet I can do much better upgrading for the long run , brother I am done.