1993 oldsmobile cutlass supreme running problem

10

Asked by Sep 11, 2013 at 06:33 PM

Ok here it goes 3.1 motor multiport ran fine up until 3 months ago idles fine cold or
warm engine I drive for a while then car jerks u back and forth tach bounces all
over the place then eventually motor shuts off .Some of thi.gs I did on this motor
new vacum lines all new sensors new injectors icm tested good changed ecm
changed coils only thing I did not change was the pigtail going to crank sensorAlso
this sounds funny but when u put in reverse it goes then motor shuts off

It is a well known problem I learned the hard way. To make it quick and easy disconnect the electrical line to the transmission. You need your automatic clutch rebuilt around $350. It's fine disconnected electrical line for town use long trips rebuilding is necessary.

10

I will that a go tried everything else .With that disconnnected will it give any codes or is there a way to complete the cicuit

Probably not. You can always go the repair route for around $350 I am a poor boy from the ghetto and have been running my car with the transmission disconnected for 3 years. It is a well know fix just ask any old school mechanic and he should know my mechanic is old school and I trust him. I put a ton of money into trying to fix the stalling and engine stops for no reason problem trust me on this one.