my car is now in Mexico and it is unregistred and I am returning to the north east ,what do I need to do to be llegal with my car?

Asked by Jul 13, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Depends on what State you want to register it in. What State? and I will see what I can find

its is a NEW YORK registered car.thanks.

Si. senor~ this car may simply disappear...be prepared for that if you visit Mexico~

notice the two LL's....scary haunt~

Okay..it's going to have to have a "Salvaged Title" as if it had been declared a total loss by an insurance company and salvaged and repaired, NY State statutes require that for an 'Imported from Foreign Country" apply ..an inspection by NY State licensed inspector

It was a total? did not see that in your description.~

No.. Judge, that's not what I meant. But the State of New York requires the same procedure as IF it were declared to be "totaled'....to Import it is the same inspection procedure

Two Llamas....Llokout Llarry, the LlandLlored is coming...in his 1.8Lliter Toyota

so apparently I replace Llregal, you know see our old posts come up as people are reading and approving...like ghosts from the past...wish I owned a regal...they seem to have all become "Ghetto cruisers" with inappropriate wheels and poundy bass and darkened windows...fully armed for that inner city experience~

24,845

You cant just bring it up to current NY reg. since the car was previously registered there before, and just not mention it left the country?

the VIN will tell all...they will squeeze as much money out of that VIN...not registered...past dues....penalties...look out for a Blizzard of fines once registered~

they will tear it down to the rivets lookin' for contraband...unless you've a friend named jesus~

24,845

NY is that bad?

Mexico border crossing is~

67,375

If the car is titled in NY can't you just re-register it? Has it ever been registered in NY? Most States purge title and registration records after 5 to 7 years of inactivity on a perticular VIN. NY may have no record of this vehicle. HTH. -Jim