my car is now in Mexico and it is unregistred and I am returning to the north east ,what do I need to do to be llegal with my car?

Asked by Jul 13, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Question type: General

15 Answers

Depends on what State you want to register it in. What State? and I will see what I can find

its is a NEW YORK registered car.thanks.

Si. senor~ this car may simply prepared for that if you visit Mexico~

1 people found this helpful.

notice the two LL's....scary haunt~'s going to have to have a "Salvaged Title" as if it had been declared a total loss by an insurance company and salvaged and repaired, NY State statutes require that for an 'Imported from Foreign Country" apply inspection by NY State licensed inspector

1 people found this helpful.

It was a total? did not see that in your description.~

No.. Judge, that's not what I meant. But the State of New York requires the same procedure as IF it were declared to be "totaled' Import it is the same inspection procedure

2 people found this helpful.

Two Llamas....Llokout Llarry, the LlandLlored is his 1.8Lliter Toyota

1 people found this helpful.

so apparently I replace Llregal, you know see our old posts come up as people are reading and ghosts from the past...wish I owned a regal...they seem to have all become "Ghetto cruisers" with inappropriate wheels and poundy bass and darkened windows...fully armed for that inner city experience~

1 people found this helpful.

You cant just bring it up to current NY reg. since the car was previously registered there before, and just not mention it left the country?

1 people found this helpful.

the VIN will tell all...they will squeeze as much money out of that VIN...not registered...past dues....penalties...look out for a Blizzard of fines once registered~

1 people found this helpful.

they will tear it down to the rivets lookin' for contraband...unless you've a friend named jesus~

1 people found this helpful.

NY is that bad?

1 people found this helpful.

Mexico border crossing is~


If the car is titled in NY can't you just re-register it? Has it ever been registered in NY? Most States purge title and registration records after 5 to 7 years of inactivity on a perticular VIN. NY may have no record of this vehicle. HTH. -Jim

Your Answer:


General Experts

  • #1
    Tom Demyan
  • #2
  • #3
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.