I like to keep this car for a long time. The car is kept in the garage and I do not drive it. What do I need to do to keep it in a good condition for a long time?

Asked by Nov 18, 2011 at 02:05 PM about the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT Coupe

The car is in the garage and I do not intend to drive it for a long time. What should I do or use to keep the engine, transmission and others in a good condition?

fuel and oil stabilizer, keep it up on blocks to keep the springs from sagging, start the car now and then to get everything all warmed up and lubricated, any car will do better being driven on nice days then being stored for extended periods of course a warm garage is better then a cold one, but temperature swings are the most critical part, temperature drops can cause condensation which will lead to rust, condensation can also rust the engines internals. for a REALLY expensive car the best set up is to store in a heated area with a dehumidifier, but that's expensive

Thank you for the info................