Have a bank preapproval for under $15,000, need a reliable hatchback car I am looking for a honda fit or a mazda 2 or 3. has to be an automatic. Are these dependable choices and years? When I look at you auto check and it has how many times a car is what, sold? in a collision? what number should i look for 1-3 and no numbers higher? I do not want to purchase a report unless I am going to buy the car. This is the first time I have used your site and my current car is 25 years old so I am not sure what alot of this means to me. Possibly you can lead me in the right direction. Thank you

20

Asked by Mar 21, 2013 at 05:31 PM

oops wrote everything on the line above. hope you can read it.

96,125

Read these articles so you aren't taken advantage of during negotiations. http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/

I do see that you don't want to 'buy a report' but $40 for a carfax is a way to tell if it's ever been wrecked among many other things, how many owners, service records, and more. Spending $40 to investigate a $15,000 purchase seems reasonable to me .and for $50 you get 5 reports to check other cars