I have a 1984 Mercedes 500SEC. Navy blue with tan interior that I am wanting to sell. I am unsure how to go about pricing it as I see ranges from 16,000 to 5,000. Can you tell me what I need to look for in the car so I can make an informed decision when I price it?

Asked by Jul 28, 2013 at 05:36 PM about the 1984 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SEC Coupe

I inherited a 1984 Mercedes 500SEC, navy blue with tan interior that I am wanting to sell.  I am unsure how to go about pricing it as I see ranges from 16,000 to 5,000.  Can you tell me what I need to look for in the car so I can make an informed decision when I price it? It has just under 150,000 miles and I have the title in hand.  Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated.  I can submit a picture if that is helpful.

241,365

I too am confused, I checked 2 guides, one said $5K the other around $16K. Just found one on ebaymotors with around the same mileage as yours asking $5500 and one asking $13,500, but no bids.

85

you must take into considerartion of the overall condition of the car 1. what is the present condition of the paint a, faded b. need de-oxidation this will affect yr price range - give the car a good hand wash cleaning all nook and door jam, trunk seams. 2. interior condition - a. leather - need to moisturize, cloth need to be steam wash and must air out after steaming to remove moisture 3. engine/transmission - a. change all fluid and filters b. clean-up engine compartment 4, if possible have a car wash steam clean the engine once done take pictures for your record. can also use kelly's blue book for an estimated price guide. overall the owner decide what value range the car fall into. good luck excellent condition - no interior leather rot/dryness goes for about $7,000.00

405

The 500 sec is a collector and a classic item, if ur not in any hurry set ur price and re- introduce again in different sites as well as magazines.