Mind if I share another one of my paintings?

Asked by Mar 07, 2013 at 12:42 AM

The cowboy series No.3

Eighty bucks plus shipping. gotta make some scratch somewhere.

89,815

Is this inspiration from the ghost town?

...actually this wasn't from Bodie, but a screen capture during a western...been caught up in the cowboy gig, because I've found that imediately recognisable subjects make for better paintings... for example you're settin up a still life, you want an apple, a vase, a loaf of bread...if you had a guava, a chapatti and a tankard would not be that effective a painting. Same goes for the 'cowboy' vibe, for the longest time (100 or so) paintings would not place a human as a subject...we my wife (the art major) paints NOTHING but horses....buh....puhleeaze- wanted to show her up with a few horses of my own and got drawn into the western gig.

89,815

I would try to capture people in my photos. Sometimes they would attempt to get out of the way when I want to use them to draw attention to the subject or area of interest.

Best Answer