I have a 2001 chrysler 300M that has a possible fuel rail leak..is there a way that someone can "patch" that up to mask the smell?

Asked by May 30, 2012 at 02:15 PM

246,525

If the fuel rail is indeed leaking, you will need to fix it ASAP. No only for the smell but the potential for an engine fire. It could be leaking at the injectors, or at the fuel line connection or the rail itself is cracked. I wouldn't advise a "patch", get it fixed correctly and have it repaired/replaced ASAP.

12,995

I wouldn't try to hide the smell. I would fix the cause of the leak immediately. Engine fires are nothing to mess with.

15

What Tom has advised u is absolutely correct this is not something that can be ignored like aztec626bf clearly mentioned.... :)