Why?

145

Asked by Jan 23, 2009 at 08:36 PM

Why aren't there more questions about AMERICAN cars, and fewer exotics that nobody ever sees?

1,275

possibly because exotics are rare... and no one here owns them... why would someone ask a question about a car they don't even own...

145

Well, every other question is about some Aston Martin, Ferrari or Lamborghini that most people have never SEEN. And not all of us are in Europe and even know what a Vauxhall IS. ;)

1,275

from what ive seen the only questions about exotics are stupid "worlds fastest car" bs questions.... i don't even consider them to be questions, now ones about someone trying to modify or fix something common seem to be pretty common here tho. but most of them seem to be odd questions "what can i do to make my 50 hp car faster then a zr1 corvette" types, but some of them are decent

145

The ones I'm talking about are in the Car IQ thing. I don't have a problem with mixing in the obscue (to Americans) Euro cars or the exotics, but it'd be nice to have more balance. Seriously, how many people- Americans or Europeans too- can tell the difference between a 2004 Seat Ibiza and a 2005 Seat Ibiza?

1,275

true, but its no good to be to easy either

145

No, I don't expect "easy", really. Just "balance". Europeans would be hard pressed to tell the difference between, say, a 65 Ford Falcon and a 64 model, but I can... same as I'm hard pressed to tell one Seat or Skoda from another! LOL...

2,180

Jay, if you hadn't already done so, read the complete thread titled, "Yank Tanks."