Is it a bad idea to buy a Saturn now that the brand has been discontinued?

Asked by Aug 26, 2012 at 12:34 AM about the Saturn Outlook

Looking to buy a Saturn Outlook, but worried that repairs may be spendy or difficult since the cawas
only produced for a few years and now Saturn is defunct.

55

SATURN PARTS ARE BEING DISCONTINUED AND IF YOU BUY AN OUTLOOK YOU WILL BE LOOKING IN A SALVAGE YARD A LOT. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BUYING ONE.

222,415

Check any parts supply house and you will be able to get many parts to maintain the vehicle. While it probably won't be Saturn specific, GM shares parts between vehicles and brands. The Saturn Outlook was mechanically similar to the Buick Enclave, Chevy Traverse and GMC Acadia. You should not have any issues with sourcing normal repair parts but as far as interior and body panels, they might be harder to come by. My 2 cents.

32,285

Tom is exactly right do you know what the difference between a GMC Yukon and a Cadillac escalade? Price tag and some emblems. Cavalier, Sunfire, little saturn olds achieva all identicle. Grand am, Malibu, alero identical. Firebird, camaro. Rendezvous, vibe. General motors (Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac, GMC, Hummer Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Saturn), ford motor company (Ford, Mercury, Lincoln), and Chrysler (Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth) decided to make production simple but keep options available take a car and change fenders bumpers doors and tail lights and throw a different name on it. Without that idea, everybody would be driving around in identicle cars. Some cases absolutely nothing is changed except the manufacturing amblems, like the dodge grand caravan Plymouth voyager and Chrysler town and country. Line them up remove the badges and try to tell which is which. Like tom said you will be able to get parts for that vehicle forever. I don't feel like looking up when AMC quit making vehicles but you can still get parts for those and to go even further back Studebaker parts are very hard to find but still available that's 60 or so years.

295

My wife and I just got 2008 Outlook a few weeks ago and parts should not be hard to find. The Outlook is the same as the GMC Acadia, which is still produced.

3,665

Hi KatBlack, The Saturn Outlook is an excellent choice! That is absolutely not the case. Saturn parts are still readily available for Saturn owners. You can contact your local GM Dealership to locate Certified Saturn parts and service when needed. Please let me know if you need any specific information regarding Saturn. Good luck with car-shopping! Vanessa GM Customer Service

315

The response that Saturn parts are "being discontinued" is dead wrong. The Outlook is essentially a rebadged GMC Acadia, of which there are scads of them out there.

315

Bought a 2008 Outlook about two months ago, and I'm not worried at all about parts or service.

70

Hi am looking for suv as I know outlook same as Chevy traverse but I just want to look something that not lemon suv .. Is outlook best ?

315

Since the saturn brand is no longer made, some people shy away from the Outlook because of it. There is no need to, as parts and service are readily available from any GM dealer. I have my Outlook serviced at my neighborhood Chevrolet dealer and have never had an issue.

I needed to replace my 2009 Saturn Aura fuse box. Not one US dealer had it, nor did the GM warehouse. It took me a month to find one from salvage.