My 2008 Saturn Outlook will occasionally lose power and shut off while coming to a stop. In addition, it will not restart every once in awhile as well.

Asked by May 06, 2014 at 12:04 PM about the 2008 Saturn Outlook XR

While slowing for a turn or stop the engine will turn off.  We have had the computer checked for codes each time and none have ever registered.  In addition, occasionally when starting the car, we will put the key in and turn it and the instrument panel lights and the bells and chimes go off but the engine will not turn over at all.  The starter does not even click.  If I put the car in Nuetral and move it a little bit, the car starts perfectly fine as if there was never a problem.  Any help would be great.

4,195

Hello Marc73J, We are sorry to hear that you've been having these concerns with your 2008 Saturn Outlook. We understand that you are seeking advice and opinions from your fellow forum members and we may not be able to assist with any do-it-yourself information. However if you'd like to take it in to the dealership or if you'd like us to document your concerns in our system, we'd be happy to do so. Please reach out to us via email at socialmedia@gm.com if you'd like further assistance. Thank you, Andraya R. GM Customer Care

30

I am having this exact problem right now with my 2008 outlook. I had the battery replaced last week thinking that would solve it but now it won't start. Drove it half hour before no trouble. The lights, radio and everything go on but the engine will not turn over at all. The starter does not click. If this problem was figured out I would love to hear. Going to try to get it into Chevy tonight.

I'm having the exact same issue. Replaced the battery, but it didn't help. Had the starter looked at, and that's not the issue either. It's a shake GM vehicles have gone to shit. This is a vehicle I purchased with 58,000 miles on it. At 60,000 miles, the infamous transmission problem happened. When I purchased it, it was a one-owner vehicle. Never been wrecked. Guy traded it in for a Lexus, since his kids went to college and he didn't need anything nearly as big any longer. I received a recall for the lift gate, took it in, and now it works less often than it did before. I'll never purchase another GM vehicle. That's for sure.

My car isn't cutting off yet but it seem like if I drive a little longer it start like it trying to cut off could u tell me what u think that might be

Today I pulled out to make a turn on a major highway with my children in the vehicle "thats supposed to be sage with all these air bags" my 2009 Saturn outlook shut completely off..... I was pounding the pedal & NOTHING. after about the 6th stomp screaming & crying "because we were about 3 seconds away from being plowed by a Semi"..... It started "back by its self".... It was devastating. My two girls are 13 & 5.... This is a very serious issue that needs to be felt with. I want OUT of this Vehicle ASAP!

Safe*

Delth*

I want to know why It did this