which magnum has......

Asked by May 26, 2012 at 09:24 AM about the Dodge Magnum

I have been searching for months now for the perfect magnum but can't seem to find all I
want in one car. Can anyone stear me to the right one? Thanks so much.....
Here's my list: red or black interior and exterior,sun/moonroof, leather interior including
steering wheel (I hate plastic) CD, power seats, I actually want the works as far as options and
the cool factor. I did see one that was red with red and white striped seats but someone beat
me to it. I just need to get a handle on what model magnum will come closer to my wish list.
This will be my only car for ever I hope because money is an issue so I now have a chance and I
love the magnum so I want to make it count and get everything I want.
Thanks for your help on my quest for my perfect car :)
Jeanne

210,865

The SXT trim level is probably what you want to look for, engine is a 250HP V6. Next is the R/T, and that has a 340 HP V8. As with any used car, finding the perfect one is hard, because you are limited to what is available. You'll have to make some compromises if you need one soon, or just keep looking. Good Luck!

545

You might just have to get one close to what you want and change things on it later. you can always change the interior color later on its cheaper then say getting car painted or swaping motors

4,325

James is right. There are all kinds of aftermarket stuff. Get one that has most of what you want, and do the rest yourself. A couple of comments: avoid the SXT. It has no resale value and will never be a collectable. R/T(18 mpg ave - 24 mpg hiway) is probably the only level worth keeping. The SRT8 is an awesome package but with gas getting to $4+ a gallon, a vehicle that gets 14 mpg on high test is a questionable investment at best. One more comment: the front suspension on these cars stinks. It is under-engineered and will have early failures in lower control arms, rack and pinion, tie rod ends, and strut mounts. If you can verify that all these parts have been replaced already, buy the car. If not, you're looking at about $6500 in repairs sometime before the cars turn 100,000. The replacement parts will get you well past that, depending on when it was done. I don't want to rain on your parade, and the Magnum is an awesome car, but I don't see them lasting more than 10 years with normal wear and tear. They were built cheap, and Dodge pretty much admitted it when they broke off the arrangement with Mercedes. Buy, it, enjoy it, play with it, and plan on selling it.

195

You want some adivice? Don't buy a magnum. They are nothing but trouble. They look great but really are nothing more than money pits. Brake pads are undersized on all models except the r/t so they have to be changed about every 6 months because they also drag which makes them wear faster and kills your mpg. I have one and its constantly doing something it shouldn't. Don't buy one of these please. Mine has 88k on it and I will thank God if I make it to 100k. As norm said the front suspension is crap ive had to do mine already at around 60k and it wont hold an alignment for anything. The dealership threw up their hands and told me there was nothing they could do. It was in the shop monthly till the warranty ran out. As soon as I can afford to I'm getting something else. Only thing stopping me is its paid for. Oh and it likes to burn up sensors. Left me stranded on the side of the highway a few weeks ago with my 3y/o son because of a sensor. The shop didn't even have to guess what it was said it was the 7th one he had seen happen this year.

Stacey ....what model do you have? ....and by eating sensors, what type of sensor is it eating that's leaving you stranded? I'd like to know ....I just read 94 rating and only a few of them were negative on this vehicle. I'm just trying to get a better feel. Thanks

195

It was an IMRC sensor. It controls the air fuel mixture in the manifold I was told. My abs sensor went out before 30k and threw codes on my dash for the traction control. Also a sensor on the radio area that controls the backlighting for the dials it also causes everything in that area to get really really hot dealership said it was some kind of sensor not a light bulb. Its an sxt. Oil pressure sensor went out a long time ago and would constantly throw codes. And sometimes it just throws codes to throw them. I will take it to have them read and nothing comes up. With the imrc the mechanic said he had been keeping them in stock just because hes seen so many this year. It seems to have electrical problems on top of suspension problems. Ive had to replace all the bulbs once a year since we've had it cause they burn out quick. 9 out of 10 people I have talked to that have this kind of car have all had similar complaints.

4,325

Thats funny about the radio. Had the same thing on my 06 R/T, parts of it wouldn't light, then the A/C floor vent stuck open, then the fan didn't go to high speed. They replaced the entire center console under warranty with an 07 console. The dealer also added two additional ground straps from the manifold area to the chassis. Might want to pass that on to whoever is working on your car. Apparently there are electrons running around unsupervised somewhere. As I said...the R/T is an awesome, fun, fast, good looking car. I will keep mine until I can't tolerate the breakage... maybe another 2 years.

105

Looking for this? 2008 MAGNUM R/T w/ Road & Track PKG = SRT-8 W w/o 6.4 V8. With SRT level components in performance brakes, steering, heavy duty electric and cooling & tranny. SRT spec handling, performance and exhaust. Inside, Black / charcoal heated performance seats w/ leather & suede with red embroidered R/T logo and red french stitching on the seats and doors. Maxed out on options, all except rear seat monitor and roof rack. Last off the assembly line in 2008. ZERO defects or mechanical issues. A rewarding driving experience.

I have a 08 mag for sale brilliant black its a base model but it's super clean with 50k miles it's great

20

I have a 2006 RT-AWD-5.7Hemi that is a dream car I purchased New. The car has a original list of $39980 plus a second set of upgraded tires & 20" Chrome wheels Car Garu says my car is $3500 overpriced. No Accidents, no damage what so ever, Plus New Custom Dodge Mats including Cargo area. Premium cool air induction and rides as good as a new 300C and out performs the new 300C as reported buy 2 out of 3 New Chrysler Dealers.

20

From the reply above continued: I'm 6 hours away on 95 South, Erwin, NC 28339. Send me a e-mail requesting more info and I will respond with 30 more pictures plus documentation that the car new with options installed original list over $44000. I will have the card delivered to your door, $17,991.00 My car has under 42,000 miles in showroom condition Call Bill @ 910-897-0669.

I have a 2007 Dodge Magnum with NO Problems except oil changes and Brakes which I do Myself, not mentioning 23 MPG Mild Build 300 Horsepower with 169,800 Miles very trustworthy to travel great distances from California to Canada and Back a couple of times I Love the car will Keep it till I drop!