Headlamps won't go up

Asked by Apr 13, 2011 at 02:34 PM about the Dodge Daytona

My Daytona has been sitting for a 1 1/2 years.  Just put in a new battery.  
Everything works except for the headlamps.  Do these run on vacuum?

45

I'm almost positive they are electric. After a few years of owning my Daytona my headlamp covers stopped working (on occassion), also. It would usually happen at the worst times,. like when it was raining and I'd be leaving my workplace. So there I'd be, in the rain, cranking the lights up so I could go home. After a few months of this I decided to permanently disconnect them in the "up" position. I found the plugs under the front end and simply unplugged them. Then last November, after getting her new paint job and other aesthetic work done, I was curious to see if they would work so I plugged them back in but no dice. So I just left them in the up position. Do you know where the manual cranks are to get them up? Yes, these Daytonas are a tempermental breed but boy, aren't they fun to drive?!!!

Hi Angie ! They have to be electric because I remember just turning on the headlamps when the car wasn't running - after thinking about it since when I crank up the covers and turn on the lights the lights don't even turn on. This says to me that I have an electrical problem. They are a wonderful,little, fast car. I was glad I had her for 23 years.

45

Wow!!!! Ive had mine (it's a '90 E.S.) for 13 years and I love it. Yes, you do have an electrical problem. Unfortunately these cars are known for this. Try and find someone who will do some electrical work or possibly circuit board work and take it to them. I wish you all the luck, as it took me a lot of searchinhg to find someone willing to do this kind of work.

95

I have a 91 Dayton es check the relay box on the drivers side under the hood you'll have fuses along with about six or seven relays two of them operatethe headlight motors one for left and one for the right replace those and they should work mine was sitting in a feild for over a year with weeds up to the roof I put a battery in it and she runs like a champ i had to replace those relays and they work perfectly they cost about 10 dollors each I hope this is your problem it is an easy fix just pull those out and put new ones in and they should opperate and the motors that opperate the lights are electric. Not vaccum poweredi hope this is your problem if not email me at bobbyzickefoose42@ gmail.com I'll see if I can help you out with more intimation if you need it.