My 2014 dodge caravan blowing heat on passenger side when pressing aircodition??

Asked by Apr 18, 2015 at 02:24 PM about the Dodge Caravan

263,795

You just might be low on AC refrigerant or you have a blend door issue in your HVAC. Have it checked out. Are you still under warranty?

Yes I'm still on warranty and after reading some article here a lot of people have the same issues I had and some are hoping for a recall since the problem occurs since 2010..

40

I just had this problem on a drive from Ottawa to Florida. Talked to two dealers in Virginia who wanted to take my car apart and test and send to Cleveland for parts. At the best this would have cost me a day and an extra hotel stay. I asked if there was any simple or quick test we might try before talking the console apart. They said not a chance. I read a post here. Went out and opened and closed the temperature controls simultaneously several times and it seems to be working fine. I am guessing a software issue that can be reset through this strategy or perhaps through disconnecting the battery for a while. This really should be a recall issue. Seems to have been happening since 2009 at least. I had a 2009 with no problems but it did not have separate temperature zones. Never had a problem.

Hoping for a recall on this won't help as recalls are issued for safety related issues only although now that I think about it this might fall under that because it could possibly affect being able to defrost the windshield but not likely since there is heat available to defrost with. I used to work in new car dealerships and we once had a safety recall for the blower motor resistor. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how not having the blower motor working could be a safety issue. The manufacturers rep explained to me that if the blower did not work a driver would not be able to defrost the windshield and that constituted a safety issue. Now to me not having a blower motor working isn't going to prevent me from clearing my windshield while driving but apparently to some people it's an insurmountable task. I guess that's why they include instructions on hair dryers to not use them while in the bath tub.