i have a 2003 g35 coupe and i love it but if it sits for more then 2 days it needs to be jumped... Ive put a brand new battery in the day afyer i bought it because it was dead and showed it was bad.

Asked by Aug 11, 2013 at 05:39 PM about the INFINITI G35

My G35 coupe will not start if its been sitting for more then 2 days, i put a new battery in the day after i bought it because it tested bad. Ive also have replaced both window motors and the drivers side door electric regulator or window & Lock swich, I can not get my trunk to open up at all, i bought the car 4 months ago with 100k on it. Also i the bose system would sound amazing but mind sounds ok i guess but i cant get the cd out of it, when i bought the car thats another thing the guy did not tell me about so i cant play cd's, would any of these issues have anything to do with my battery going dead? Everything is pretty much stock as well as the alarm and key fobs.. I need help!!!
Thank you, MickeysG

232,835

If the battery is dead only 2 days later you have a draw. So something is using the voltage draining the battery. You will need to start probing and diagnosing where it is coming from. I suspect you don't have the knowledge to do so. A trip to your mechanic is in order.

Hi Tom, Well i figured there is some type of draw but ive been also fixing little things at a time thinkinhg that may have been the problem.. Take my window switch for example i had to beat on the door thinking it was my motor so i changed it and nothing happened, still went dead but then i noticed the switch itself in the door panel everytime i would touch thats when i took it out it would make a weird noise and then i noticed that all the wires were loose that plugs into the switch... I had to use some pressure and it snapped, like locking it into place and the wires were now tight and its going up and down fine now except i need to reset the motor to get in sink with the everything.. So i wasted my money buying a window switch because the little white wire harnes thing was not snapped in place like it should have been and now in thinking the switch wires may have been making the car go dead? Idk yet i have not let it sit for 2 days yet as i just did this fix yesterday. The dealer has been nothing but a smart ass pain who thinks im rich and im far from that so im trying things like this and with help of good people like you.. Im good with cars but electrical IM NOT! Thank you for the help my friend! MickeysG

232,835

Hopefully you found the problem in the wiring of the switch. If you do have another electrical or mechanical problem, don't go back to the dealer. Please find a local mechanic that you can have someone recommend for you.