Suggestion on good Evo mechanics in Arizona

Asked by Jul 27, 2011 at 08:20 PM about the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Hello everyone. I'm a new member from AZ. I have a 2003 Evo 8 and a 2006 Evo 9 MR. The 08 has full cage, DMZ rally suspension, aftermarket exhaust and manifold and intercooler as well as a remapped ecu. The 06 MR is stock except for manifold and exhaust (from same japanese company I used for my 08 - sorry I forgot the name). I have have moved here in AZ for about a year now and have problems with rodents eating the firewall of my two evos. Yesterday I started the evo8 and I usually wait for 3 minutes before I take off. But engine died after about a minute. I did same thing today and engine also died after about a minute with gear in neutral and handbrake up. I believe the redents have done something as the car has been in perfect condition. My current mileage is 22,000 miles and I have just flushed brake fluids, differentials and transmission fluids from a mitsubishi dealer. Two of the dealers in AZ refuse to service my car since it is modified. Don't know why as I am going to pay. Anyway I found a 3rd dealer which did all the fluid work above. However, I'm not very comfortable with this 3rd dealer. I'm looking for a good honest shop that you guys know is excellent. Thanks.

135

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Best place to ask this question is on EvolutionM.net. You'll probably get a dozen different answers there, but it's a good starting point.