My 1999 eclipse Rs is jumping wheni slow or stop

Asked by Jul 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM about the Mitsubishi Eclipse

Whenever i slow down or stop the car jumps/  Went to a mechanic said the motor mounts were bad my husband did some checking and was told to measure the mounts if they fell into a specific measurement then they were fine he did and they did.  Discovered the car had too much trans fluid in it he  removed some and now it doesn't jump quite as much.  Does this sound like a transmission problem or do you think if we get a transmission fluid change this will eliminate the problem or is it possible the transmission may be going?

237,695

Did he get the fluid at the correct level now? What do you mean by "jumping"? If the transmission was in fact overfilled, it could have damaged it if it was run too long with a high level. Is the tranmission leaking? If it was shifting hard, or as you described it as jumping, your mechanic might be right and the mounts were compromised. Best to have another mechanic look at the car, and someone who knows transmissions to take a look at it. It might be something simple as a trans shift soleniod that is faulty or worst case, internal damage to the trans.

no fluid leak. by jumping i mean when going to slow down it drops into first gear roughly if i try to accelerate before it reaches first gear it wont until it gets into firtst

oh and the car is an automatic not a stick Thanks for your help