how do I get to the rear signal light on my 2006 VW beetle?

Asked by Jun 27, 2013 at 08:27 AM about the Mercury Mystique

My rear signal light is "out" on my beetle-----how do you even get to the bulb to replace it? I don't want to damage the vehicle.

210,335

Look inside the trunk on the side where the tail lamp is located Remove the panel right behind the tail lamp, then remove the big black plastic nut off the back of the tail lamp assembly. Then pop off the housing after removing the nut. You will have access to the bulb.

19,705

Don't expect the same easy fix when your third brake light goes out (the one in the middle)- VW only sells those as a unit, lens and all for somethin' north of $150- pray to the gods of the third brake light

it is a panel behind the tail lamp on a 2006 beetle convertible ?