Starting Problem Aussie Capri

Asked by Nov 17, 2013 at 06:06 PM about the Mercury Capri

I have an Australian version Capri by ford, 1989 Turbo with Mazda engine, it starts fine
until hot when I have driven it and turn it off it won't start until next morning when it fires
first time, I have changed the ignition module and still the same, has plenty of fuel
coming through also, any idea's
Cheers
Paul from West Oz

1,425

Sounds like a fuel pump problem or fuel filter at first guess. Are you saying you have good fuel flow when it is Not starting?

Paul I have taken the line off the fuel filter and cranked it over and fuel pours out, the weird thing is it can sit overnight and start first go then drive it home and turn off an it won't start until it has totally cooled down even next morning

1,425

Ok ive had fuel pumps do that, but in this case id be looking and checking electrical connections. Clean up your battery connections. Look for loose ground wire connections. Put in new ground wires if you have doubts about the grounds. You should have some going to the engine and some to the body. Also lift the backseat and check the fuel pump ground wire. I put silicone grease in any wire connection i pull apart. I hope you find the problem, it could be along story!!