84 Toyota Tercel - Why does my right blinker trigger my rear window wiper to go off?

Asked by Jun 06, 2014 at 01:39 PM about the Toyota Tercel

Hi everyone! I recently purchased an 84 Toyota Tercel 5 speed for commuting to work and back. It's a good lil car, but I noticed the fuses for my turn signals and hazards keep blowing. After replacing them, they work fine, until I notice that every time I turn on the hazards or use the right turn signal, the rear window wiper activates and keeps going. Unless I turn off the blinker or hazards instantly, the fuse blows. I have no idea why the car is doing this. The whole car looks bone stock to me so it's hard to tell if the previous owner tried to do anything to it. Any suggestions??

you might have a shortage in the wires id get a computer diagnostic just to make sure cause it can be pretty pricey

I think you must know that there is a wiring problem ; replacing fuses that keep blowing is no solution and you realize that also. You have no idea why the car is doing this. (your words)......what; however, you can figure out is what to do here. Hint - it may involve letting someone look at it ; writing about it is not going to help.

the normal term is not "a shortage in" ; ...bare wires crossing and ultimately causing a short (overload) , yes. Probably need a mechanic because you don't just want some guy with a multi meter tearing apart your steering column.