1992 Toyota Celica Does this car have a fuel drainage plug? If so where is it, if not, what is the easiest way to empty the tank?

Asked by Nov 27, 2014 at 08:27 PM about the Toyota Celica

16,915

You have to siphon it

115

look on the bottom of the tank most Japanese imports do have a drain plug. if not siphon or drop the tank and drain - good luck with a little time and tools you'll be fine.

Take the seats out of the back. Remove carpet. On top of the tank you will see a round plate, this is the fuel sensor unit. Carefully remove it. Siphon out the fuel and reverse procedure to complete

To MC1Auto - There is no drain plug on the Celica 1992 Fuel tank

115

Ok , Note taken. Most if not all Honda products have a drain plug.

Honda? We are not discussing them.

115

Wow....... I already said Note taken, Prior to that I said MOST Imports have drain Plugs. MY 1971 and 1974 Celica had drain plugs as well as the multiple Imports I have owned. So I am not sure what your Deal Is exactly, but it never hurts to look and see if there is an easier way to do something !!! I will let everyone else here explain what male anatomy appendage you are acting like. Good luck to you sir and all you do. I hope you learn to listen to others around you because it might just save your a** one day.

I fail to understand why you would refer to a Honda or generalize and state most Jap imports have a drain plug, or even imagine that a Celica twenty years approx younger than your examples would follow suit. Your advice was not worth listening to, the easiest way is as I listed, empty it via removing the fuel sensor unit, I found this by my own research, way easier than dropping the tank or trying to siphon through the fuel intake. I simply stated a fact - we are not discussing Honda's, nor is this thread about them. A "dick" is someone who gets offended instead of being able to have a mature discussion

115

So you asked for help and then answered it your self ? As if you are a new found expert on the subject. GOOD FOR YOU. I recommend you Siphon the fuel out from the very beginning. from were or how is your own Decision. I also said good luck and was wishing you the best. I was attempting to have a mature discussion with you. I am not sure where is whole thing started going sideways but here we are. I hope your vehicle is up and running and you have a great day.