ABS light comes on, goes off.

65

Asked by Aug 11, 2011 at 11:21 AM about the Buick Reatta

I have a 1989 Buick Reatta. I have always had a problem with the ABS light coming on sometimes. If I turn the innition key to off and then imediately back on while driving it goes off. I've also noticed that when I fill up the gas tank it is less likely to come on but the lower ther gas tank gets the more it comes on. I've gone through my repair manuel it it talks about a possible bad ground or the wheel sensors. I've checked the grounds, cleaned them and reattatched. Still no change. The part that has me scratching my head is why it goes off less with a fuller gas tank.
      Any ideas of what it more likely would be.
      Thans for any help

65

I ended changing the right rear wheel sensor. The ABS light stayed out for a couple weeks, but then came on again. After going over everything I noticed the ground wire on the Teve unit. I unscrewed the bolt cleaned up the end of the ground wire and around the bolt opening raattached it and it's been fine since.

630

The ABS light on this system will come on for several reasons. You still have brakes but no ABS when the light is on. It needs to be diagnosed to locate the reason the light comes on