1990 reatta heater wont go off

Asked by Nov 26, 2010 at 12:25 PM about the 1990 Buick Reatta 2 Dr STD Coupe

I HAVE A 1990 REATTA. PROBLEM IS WHEN I TURN ON THE HEATER IT WORK,S BUT WHEN I TURN IT OFF THE BLOWER MOTOR KEEP,S RUNNING. EVEN WHEN THE CAR IS SHUT OFF AND THE KEY,S ARE OUT. I HAVE TO UNPLUG MAIN WIRES GOING TO THE BLOWER MOTOR. WHAT WOULD CAUSE THIS?

bad resister,not sure where it is on your car,but look under hood where fan motor is on firewall look to right of it,see if you see a square flat looking box with 2 screws a plugin,easy to replace,or it could be under dash on pass side at firewall.

1,530

The item you are looking for is to the left if you are standing in front of the car. It is on top of the heater plenum and you need to remove that black plastic panel to see and work on it. There will be two connectors plugged into the unit, then 3 screws remove it from the plemum. It has a silver heat sink on the bottom....you can find used ones at the pick-n-pull