How do I get my alarm off if the remote Im using died?

Asked by Jun 17, 2013 at 02:45 PM about the Volkswagen Jetta

The remote stopped working and I replaced the battery but it doesnt work now even with a new battery in it.  Every time I attempt to start the car the alarm goes off.  Ive tried locking the door manually and then unlocking it and nothing is working.  Help!:)

1,845

If it is like my Beetle then you have to open the trunk with the key to get the alarm to reset, and in my bug you have to be fast, I have to open the trunk and then close it and get the car started in about 10 seconds to get the alarm to stay off. Im still not sure thats how VW wanted it to work!?

180

The fuse box in my 2000 model is to the left of the steering wheel, roughly triangular and hidden when drivers side door is closed. According to the fuse chart, fuses #s 17, 6, and 38 all have little key symbol... I removed all three and this disabled the alarm system. No longer freaks out when I start car. Note: this has apparently completely disabled the alarm, so no more theft deterrent, but also no more looking like a bumbling car thief!

180

Really annoying my dash lights and speedometer no longer work... Assuming this is party of theft deterrent

180

Party....part

180

....uh more bad news, auto door locks also disabled, I want to strangle VW

Power windows don't work

20

So what I did for my 99 Jetta was unplug the battery, waited a few minutes and plugged it back in. It still had the alarm set so I unplugged it agian. I removed the fuses indicated with a key and tried to stat it agian. It didn’t start because it was disabled so I left they key in the On position and plug the fuses back in while the battery was connect and while the key was in the ignition and in the on position and it was fine after that. Hope this helps.

20

All I had to do was stick the key in the door, turn it to the....left...right...can't remember which exactly, but I held it for 3 seconds, and it disabled the alarm. I've also heard that you can stick the key in the trunk and turn it to the right for 3 seconds, but I'm not sure about it.

I removed the first two fuses with the key symbol and it stopped the alarm.

20

Take off the positive and negative wires from the battery for about eight hours and it will reset the computer