Exhaust Choices for MK4 VR6 Jetta

5

Asked by May 04, 2009 at 11:17 AM about the Volkswagen Jetta

So I'm looking to put a new exhaust on my VR6... Any suggestions? What will give me the best sound? I don't want to sound like a cheap Honda!

55

cause its a VR6 it wont sound like a honda..magnaflow and neuspeed are good, magniflow are extremely loud tho, you will get tickets up the ass lol

25

i would say go with a magnaflow if u havent already gotten an exhaust. i hav a cat back magnaflow on my vr6 it deep and throaty bout sounds nice. as far as police ive never had a prob with the exhaust and the cops.

15

well, i drive a 1.8T and since i have a turbo, i dont require backpressure I have a custom 3in catback but you should be good with a 2.5in Cat back with no mufflers jus buy the tips and goto a muffler shop and they can do it for like 150 bux

15

Remus exhaust. Nice deep sound. Doesn't sound like a rice rocket. Tips are nice and not oversized coffee cans! and quality construction. Borla Exhaust. Quality aluminum construction. Low-key looks. Nice deep sound as with Remus above.

5

best bet its to geta magnaflow i have it on my vr its freeking sexy dude ure gon love it

5

do not do cat bak u will be too loud trust me i did it for a week its not the same as a 1.8t our engine its too deep and loud 4 it

25

Sam id hav to disagree, the catback magnaflow is good sounding and it cant be too loud cause there pernoid jerk cops dont bother me about it and ive had it for about 2 years and have been pulled over plenty of times never for the magnaflow tho.

15

but the 1.8T will own the vr6 any day of the week :-P

25

stock vs stock they r about equal,if u turbo/or supercharge the vr6 its a whole different story

15

but you would have to rebuild the Vr6 motor but the APR stage 3 setup is ready for the stock and 340 HP will destroy anything that is front wheel drive

35

i got a full jasma exhaust system on my 300zx fairlady and it sounds ridiculously deep.. defently not no girly vroom vroom go cart sounding shit ahahaha my suggestion to you is look for a full exhaust system and jasma or magna flow would be what i would look for... there are lots of ones that sound awesome but if you want deeeeeeeeep like bass sounding when u drive down the street lookf or a jasma ahha pce

35

I have a Techtonics exhaust on my VR6 GLI. I wouldn't change it for any other.

95

Maybe I'll get a techtonics exhaust too... But I dunno if I'll take the remus votex muffler or keep the magnaflow shipped with the kit

25

id say go on youtube or somthing like that where u can seevideos and hear what different ones soundlike and find somthing that u like the sound of.

35

The techtonics exhaust comes with a Borla muffler. IMO it sounds the best. very throaty with no droan. I have heard them all.

5

Thanks everyone! I've seen a lot of videos on youtube but its hard to tell in most videos what it will sound like in real life so just wanted some feedback. I'm thinking I'm gonna go with the magnaflow. :)

25

Meghan i think u made the right choice, also be sure to check a few different websites that sell the exhaust, when i was looking for them i mostly found them in the 600 and up range, but i was able to find one company that had them for about 450ish ill try to find the link for u