2010 Ford Bantam, revving problem, surges - HELP?

695

Asked by Sep 09, 2011 at 04:58 AM about the Ford Bantam

Hi Guys!

Have a 2010 Ford Bantam 1.3i XL; bought it brand new and now has about 35000km on the clock with absolute no modifications done to it.

I have an issue with this thing revving, regardless of weather when i roll up to a traffic light and engage the clutch the rpm climbs up to about 2800rpm. This is eratic as it doesn't do it all the time; the rpm also varies its not always 2800rpm sometimes more and less.

Also when driving under half throttle conditions the car seems to have surges like epilepsy.

The dealer has had the car four different times and they can't seem to sort it out. They have replaced an "idler valve" (seriously? an idler valve? can someone please explain that to me?) and redid settings and I'm not sure what else, but to no avail.

So I'm looking for some advice if someone else has gone through a similar ordeal?

Also, is there a way of testing the TPS and MAF sensor? As I have my money going on those two.

Any comment or advice would be much appreciated!

695

Well, i have not found any solution neither has my dealer. What we found that works though is disconecting the positive off the battery for 15mins and reconect. This sorts all problems out only temporarily. Its called a soft reset. I would like some feedback if any one could comment? Further Reading... More info on Soft Resets: This resets the car's ECU and clears any DTC's for the moment. Although the ECU will always keep record of DTCs (unless cleared by a diagnostics computer) and if the DTC is still applicable after the soft reset. It will illuminate the engine light again after the third key turn. This method doesn't fix the airbags light, i have a couple of diagnostics computers and so far it seems only dealers can reset the Airbags light. MrRocket12 out

I had a similar problem and took it to the agents and the told me it was the accelerator cable which they said they replaced it then it happened again I then found a very knowledgeable techie and he showed me in the engine there were 3 pieces of 10mm rubber pipes attached to a tpiece with one side going to the tappet cover there was a hole in one of them and when blocked engine stopped revving simple solution Brian

Hello I also have a problem with my bantam rocam. Every time I change the coil pack it runs well for 2 months and misfiring again starting at hole number 2. This is the third coil pack now. I bought new leads last year and plugs are new