1996 STS, Goofy electric problems, can't make it up! HELP!!!

Asked by Apr 07, 2011 at 06:11 PM about the Cadillac STS

Car has a new battery, has had some weird things like the trunk or gas door opens on its own.  In the past I would have trouble starting it, but I would pump the break, jingle a key turn it on wait for the dash lights to come on and it would start.  Now I jump it, the Caddy he fires up like a champ but then dies when I'm backing down the driveway and is 100% dead until I put the paddles on him again to start it.  The stupid 10 disc changer kept making stupid noises so I unplugged it, never used it anyway.  However, the old pump the break and jingle my keys trick doesn't work. Swearing has only scared the neighbors, and now I think my daughter is knocked up and theres money missing from my wallet.  Any help would be great!

It could be a bad relay, or possibly your battery is dead. I'd take it to a shop and have them take a closer look, it could be something simple. Best of luck.

Dear Jesse, thank you so much for your reply. After cooling off and letting the Caddy rest over night I gave it another shot. After not yelling at the poor car and scaring the neighbors and simply asking the Caddy what was wrong, and how can I help it then came to me. Check the f&cking battery cables! Sure enough the negative was loose, but not loose enough not make it 100% dead. I grabbed a wrench, tightened it up. Jesse, dreams came true! The Caddy fired right up and was happy as good be! Until next time my friend!

check if ur battery is completely drained out and also the scan the fuse, relays . http://cadillacsts.net/