Will a 88 3.0l with auto trans bolt up to a 5 speed trans in a 87 2.6l.

Gooser
0

Asked by Oct 05, 2012 at 08:56 PM about the Dodge Raider

I was given a 87 raider with a 2.6l 5 speed trans. Now i have the opportunity to buy an 88 with a 3.0l but it has a auto trans. My question will the 3.0 bolt up to the 5 speed trans, looking for more power.

Matt Thibault
1,535

It may work, but I think it's unlikely. The manual transmission that comes behind the 2.6L is the KM145 and the V6 comes with a V5MT1. From what I understand, they are completely different assemblies. That being said, the bell housing on the V5MT1 is detachable via 4 bolts... Does the bell housing on the automatic from the 3.0L unbolt? If so, will it bolt up to the KM145 gearbox? These are avenues you will need to explore to make something like this work.