Driver door will not open!

10

Asked by Jan 31, 2013 at 07:26 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Corsica

After starting the car and shifting from park the dome light stays on and will not go out. Upon stoping and turning off the engine the dome light stays on and the drivers door will not open from either inside or outside.  Has anyone had the problem?

98,115

I've never had that problem.

2,140

sounds like your dome light switch in your door latch is bad or sticking, try lubing your door latch in door where door latches at striker on door, if not remove door trim panel and disconnect switch and see if dome light goes out, if so replace your door latch

10

What you state make sense, althou

10

What you state makes sense, although the drivers door will not open and unable to remove the panel or lub the latch. My wife suggested I remove the bulbs from the dome light, I thought what the hell won't hurt, I did and the drivers door openned with no trouble, go figure. Thanks to all who responded. Udawg

35

It sounds like a possible electrical short... Out of curiosity, have you tried leaving the door open, and putting the light bulbs back in, and then close the door and see if it opens?