Car overheats and wont start

Michelle Sloan

Asked by Sep 04, 2015 at 05:05 AM about the 1986 Honda Civic CRX

it acted like the fuel pump going out now it wont start now

You seem to have two problems, I would address the overheating problem first. Check the thermostat, I would also check the water pump, check the fans and also check the fan sensor. Most importantly make sure that you have enough fluid in the radiator and also in the radiator reservoir.

maybe it overheated ones enough, check for compression. if their is compression i do agree with joemom. if the compression is not there then gasket are blown

Mary Downey

check your fuel pump relay switch located under dashboard..