Need driver's side door / lower hinge for 1988 Chrysler Lebaron

Asked by Jan 25, 2012 at 01:48 PM about the 1988 Chrysler Le Baron

Lower hinge was rusting on original door of 1988 Chrysler Lebaron convertible, so I replaced entire door since I couldn't find a lower hinge. Over 6 mos later and guy didn't do it properly, is gone and I need to replace the hinge yet again. My guy tells me only need the hinge but can replace entire door if I can't find just the hinge. Miami Beach, FL

335

I trust this is a new guy, not the guy that buggered it all up first time ? Is the damaged hinge really beyond repair ? If I were in your shoes I'd be looking for a local engineering or custom shop and asking their advice.

Yes, new guy. How would I go about finding an engineering or custom shop?

335

The way I did it was simply asking around, asked friends, put the work out so to speak. I needed someone to fabricate new bonnet (hood) props for me. Local forge just fixed the old ones. 5 days and £35. It's got to be worth a try.