Why does my electricity fluctuate constantly?

Asked by Feb 13, 2007 at 09:58 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Tracker

From the time I start my vehicle and while driving, the power continuously fluctuates. ie., the lights continually brighten & dim. I just purchased the vehicle and it has been quite cold (-20 to -30 C) since, so I don't know if it will happen when it warms up. Last night it wouldn't start when I left work to go home. It was very cold, but had only sat a couple of hours. I was able to boost it this monring. The battery seemed to have lots of juice. I ran it down so the ignition wouldn't turn any more, but a few seconds later I was able to lock and unlock it with the remote keyless entry and the lights worked. I checked my belts, battery cables, etc and all seem tlo be okay. Does this sound like an alternator problem?

18,065

Hello, Yes, this definitely sounds like an alternator problem. I would bring it in to have it fixed before everything goes at a bad time. Best of luck! CarGrrl

Best Answer