Car start to chock or like to hold back when I press on the gas but it only does this when the water tempature gets to the first quater. Is this the spark plugs or a sencer or the box distribution???????

10

Asked by Jul 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM about the 1992 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight

Car starts to choke when water tempature gets to one quater hot

5,085

It's probably a malfunctioning coolant temperature sensor causing it to go into limp home mode and not optimising the mixture for the engine temperature.

10

the dash bored showes that the engine is not hot it only goes to 1quater or tampature I think is at 200 or 250 f high. But yea some times it does go to 1/2. Some times do. But when it gets to 1quater the car like holds back or like it chokes also when I make turns right or left the car like whants to die or it dies some times.