Car start to chock or like to hold back when I press on the gas but it only does this when the water tempature gets to the first quater. Is this the spark plugs or a sencer or the box distribution???????

10

Asked by Jul 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM about the 1992 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight

Car starts to choke when water tempature gets to one quater hot

5,395

It's probably a malfunctioning coolant temperature sensor causing it to go into limp home mode and not optimising the mixture for the engine temperature.

10

the dash bored showes that the engine is not hot it only goes to 1quater or tampature I think is at 200 or 250 f high. But yea some times it does go to 1/2. Some times do. But when it gets to 1quater the car like holds back or like it chokes also when I make turns right or left the car like whants to die or it dies some times.

250 Fahrenheit is too high should be like a 190 thermostat I'm not for sure on that year but on my 98 it is it'll tell you in your owner's manual check your temp sensor buy your thermostat neck make sure you got good connection wires make sure you're getting current on the plug check to see if you got continuity on the sensor probably wouldn't be a bad idea to test your antifreeze and go ahead and pull out the thermostat and replace it to cuz 250s too hot my thermos my temperature gauge on my Olds 98 88 never goes past half unless it's 98 Degrees and I'm in the city and it'll get up to about 2:20 Fahrenheit 2:30 that's the only time it ever goes past halfway I don't know what your climate is but make sure your fans work properly are they turning on when you have the air on are they turning on when your idling as they should do you notice any drop in temperature when you turn the heater on max I know when my water pump went out and why car is running hot it like went into two cylinder mode I mean it was like a squirrel running in a cage didn't want to die for say but it didn't want to go either it was in full protection mode