WHERE DO YOU FIND REPRODUCTION PANELS AND FENDERS

Asked by Jun 25, 2010 at 09:59 PM about the 1971 Chrysler New Yorker

I OWN A 71 NEW YORKER AND I'VE SPENT ALOT OF TIME SEARCHING FOR BODY PARTS OR EVEN THE WHOLE CAR, BUT STILL NO LUCK. I ALSO AM IN NEED OF A DASH AND A 440 LOL. HELP ME I CAN BE REACHED AT TANG21249@GMAIL.COM

Hello Tang, did you find the parts that you were looking for? I'm looking for the windshield of this car. Could you please help me where can I go or call in order to find it? Thank you.

i did find this car yard in AZ that said they have what we maybe looking for i will look them up again, thanks for contacting me we can get these cars done and i and a few family members are trying to get our custom auto shop started join us

3,185

you are up against a wall trying to find parts for those babys , The demmolition derby boys got most all new yorkers and imperials and even the newports ! Not to dampen your spirits but I spent TEN YEARS trying to locate a brand new grille for my '74 new yorker , I finnaly had to buy a whole car just for the grille !!! but it was worth it ... I don't know if anybody makes repro parts yet if YEAR ONE doesn't it probably isn't made .. good luck ! PBN

yea this place in AZ said they had the whole car it just cost some real money to get the parts, which i knew i just did not want to put a lot bondo on my car

3,185

do you want a '71 440 or will a newer one do for ya ? I have 12 of them but they all need rebuilt .

5

I have a 71 New Yorker. It's in great condition and runs for the most part. It has three problems. 1. Gas gauge doesn't work (I have the part to fix it), 2. It doesn't start every time ( believe it's the ignition switch which I have a replacement for), 3. Power steering leaks. I was hoping to restore her but I just don't have the time nor the money to do it as I now have a family that's still growing. At this point I'm probably going to sell it as I don't see the point of me just holding on to it if there are others out there that want it or the parts. I live in Washington State. If anyone is interested reply here and we can talk about it. Attaching a photo.

i want more than anything to have this car, and what i have to bring toward the table for purchase i hope does not offend you, will you be insulted if i offer what i can afford witch is a lil over a grand

3,185

how many miles on the (clock)? does the 440 have dual exhaust ? is it clean inside and out ? from what I see in the pic it's more than a 1000 dollar car ...

5

Yeah, it's definitely worth more than a grand to me. If you're asking what I think you're asking it just has the one exhaust pipe running out the back. Not at home and don't know the mileage off the top of my head. There is tearing on the drivers seat but the rest of the interior is very clean. No major rust, there are just a few spots but nothing damaging. Man, I love this car but I just don't have the free time to get her up and running the way it should be.