car keeps stalling for no resaon why is this happening its an 88 buick lesabre

75

Asked by Aug 02, 2012 at 08:24 PM about the 1988 Buick LeSabre

2,445

You might remove the ignition module and have the parts house check it. Do you have a check engine light on as well when it is running? Most parts houses can check your engine codes for free if you stop and ask them.

75

well the problem is it not stalling now it wont idle and its a 1988 buick lesabre and idk anyone that has the right scanner for a car that old.

2,445

What did you do? The other item that would not allow it to idle would be the idle air control valve which is on the throttle body. The parts house will have a generic scanner that will plug into the data port and just give you codes if your check engine light is on and certainly if the car won't idle on it's own. Their scanner will cause the check engine light to flash a series of blinks that they can read as the code to determine the code/s present. Hope this makes sense?

75

well i put antifreeze and the car stop stalling i think it could be a map sensor or throttle sensor idk well i get it scanned

2,445

Man, this is great, and I am a little irritated because I uploaded a picture of the Idle Air Control valve and they emailed me and told me it had questionable content. This is insane but yea, let us know what you find.

75

well if u want put it on my wall or email me at mattben_18@yahoo.com