Fuel Pump location in a 1983 Ford LTD Crown Victoria?

40

Asked by Nov 20, 2013 at 09:41 AM about the 1983 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

Starting to work on the fuel transfer situation with the Crown Victoria.  Just wondering where the fuel pump is (normally) located on a 1983 Ford LTD Crown Victoria.  I'm wanting to say in tank, but they also offer in-line.  Can someone please help me figure this one out?

96,585

If I remember those there are 2 fuel pumps, 1 lift pump in the tank and 1 high pressure pump along the frame rail.

40

Oh hell, you gotta be kidding me. TWO freakin fuel pumps?!?!?!?!

96,585

Yep 2 of them, I have seen these rigs run with only the main pressure pump operating but they would only idle.

1,335

It depends. If you have one of them with a carbureted engine, the fuel pump is on the driver's side of the front cover of the engine, forward of the oil filter. That is a $58 pump held on with 2 bolts, with the supply line from the tank, the outlet to the carburetor, and sometimes a return line to the tank. Some 302s came with the 2 bbl VV carburetor and all 351s did as well. As for pumps on the injected cars, I have no idea. My 88 with multipoint had one pump, in the tank, only.

10

fuel pump is in the tank