1972 cadillac eldorado will not start(No spark from coil)what do i check first

10

Asked by Apr 18, 2011 at 06:03 PM about the 1972 Cadillac Eldorado

I need help guys,I have a 1972 cad eldo that will not start.what do i check out first?I put new points in,plugs,wires,oil and filter.I bought this car not running,So i dont know much about it.I had the carb rebuilt so i no this isnt the problem,I dont have any spark from coil to plugs>>>>>>

3,165

buy a whole new coil assembly. The one you have is probably bad. Make sure to place the new one in the exact same position. The arent too expensive to buy. Please award points if this helps

10

did that already,still no spark!!!

30

Make sure your wire is hot to the coil when the ignition it turned on. And wire from the coil is connected to the distributor. Your condenser screw is tight on the ground and the small wire is in the correct position center of the points tab with the screw tightened. Ask at the auto store what the points gap needs to be set at they should be about 18 thousands make sure they open and close when the distributor is rotation. Replace rotor and cap to. http://www.jetav8r.com/Vision/Ignition/CDI.html This is a good link.

10

did u get caddy running

Im having the same issue with my 74 eldorado