I need to replace the heater core in my 1972 Cadillac Eldorado convertible. Nobody seems willing to do the job ! What do I do ?

Asked by Sep 24, 2015 at 04:26 PM about the 1972 Cadillac Eldorado

I need to replace the heater core in my 1972 Cadillac Eldorado convertible.
Nobody seems to want to do the job ! What do I do. Please help in Napa Ca.

19,235

1972-76 Full Size Cadillac Air Cushion Restraint System (A.C.R.S.) is a driver restriant system. Before servicing any component turn ignition switch to LOCK, then disconnect the negative battery cable and tape terminal end to avoid accidental deployment. Drain the cooling system. Remove the heater hoses from the core nipples. Plug the core nipples. Remove the instrument panel top cover. Remove the right and left air conditioner outlet hoses, along with the center outlet connector. Remove the screws securing the air conditioning distributor to the heater case and lift out the distributor. Remove the defroster nozzle. Remove the glove box. Disconnect the vacuum hoses at the recirculator door, water valve, control head supply hose, and the programer (if so equipped). Disconnect the aspirator hose from the in-car sensor. Take off the instrument panel braces. On the engine side cowl, remove the nuts securing the heater case to the cowl. Work the heater case out from under the dash. Remove the rubber seals from around the core nipples. Remove the screw and clip from beneath the seal. Take out the screws and clip from the opposite end of the core, then remove the core. To install: Reposition the core in the case, then install the screws and clip. Install the rubber seals around the core nipples. Position the heater case under the dash. On the engine side cowl, install the nuts securing the heater case to the cowl. Install the instrument panel braces. Connect the aspirator hose to the in-car sensor. Connect the vacuum hoses to the recirculator door, water valve, control head supply hose, and the programer (if so equipped). Install the glove box. Install the defroster nozzle. Install the air conditioning distributor to the heater case with the retaining screws. Install the right and left air conditioner outlet hoses, along with the center outlet connector. Install the instrument panel top cover. Install the heater hoses to the core nipples. Fill the cooling system.

83,555

I have even an easier way, nappa doesn't get snow and really never get cold enough to even need to use the heater, just cut the heater hoses just where they enter the fire wall and install a copper "U" bend, two hose clamps and your done..