How do I re-set the buttons on the control center on my '88 cadillac eldorado? For example, the clock and the date?

Asked by Jan 29, 2017 at 06:57 PM about the 1988 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe FWD

How do I set the clock and the date in the control center on my 1988
Cadillac Eldorado?
Please answer back:  douglassriverview@gmail.com
Thank you!

Calvin Sneed

Thanks for writing back! The problem I'm having is, the radio (a GM Delco) is not near the Information Center. The radio is just underneath the dashboard, and the Information Center, is down below the Climate Control, directly in front of the gear shift. The two units are not connected.

Even better idea.. My specially-ordered '88 Eldorado owner's manual will be in my hands on Wednesday. I'm told the instructions to setting the clock and the date are in it. Thanks!

First, turn the key on. Look at the display below the radio and you will find the heat and A/C controls, Below that section you will see 8 buttons starting with engine Temp/Time and ending with the Metric/ English button. Under Temp/Time button it will say," Driver Information Center". Under the Eng/Met button it will say," Date/Time Set". There is a tiny little hole right next to the word,"Set". Take a ball point pen or a golf tee and put it in the hole and the display will light up. The first thing you will see will be 2 arrows, one points up and other points down. And all the way across the display you will see the minutes blinking. use the buttons above the arrows to change the minutes. Now push the golf tee, and the hour light will blink. Set the hour until the correct time shows either AM or PM. Continue until you end with the year. After you set the year, push the golf tee one last time. All of the information will be shown on the display. And the rest, they say, is history.