my old cadillac just started knocking real loud oil is in it water is fine help

10

Asked by May 05, 2014 at 09:45 AM about the 1987 Cadillac Allante

just had all water pump radiator and all water maintaince done 4 months ago it has oil in it but all sudden started knocking real bad no warning lights came on HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8,475

Your question is to general to give a definitive answer. Need more info. When does it knock? Does it knock if you rev the engine? Does it only knock under acceleration? Does the knock seem speed related? Does it knock when the engine is cold or hot? Generally knocking is not a good sign. But there are still variables.

10

I was just driving along and all of a sudden when I accelerated i started to hear knocking he more i accelerated the louder it got now constant knocking but worse when i hit gas it knocks cold or hot again no warning lights came on but a definate problem

8,475

Are you by any chance near New Jersey or Florida?

10

no columbus ga will get it seen about but was just wondering if it was worth the time ? i mean if it is serious it is too old to fool with lol I am a female that knows nothing about cars lol ugh just have a feeling it is bad news

10

knocking in the motor cannot be good right ?

8,475

contact Dick Hussey at www.allantesource.com and ask him if he can recommend a mechanic in your area. Dick can give you an idea of possible costs and if they are justified or not. He eats, breathes and sleeps Allante's and has Many of them and a gob of parts. Aside from that - when these things are running good - they are a blast to drive around in.

10

ok the noise is coming from my carborator and is worse when i mash gas any ideas on what it might be

8,475

I thought they all came with fuel injections. Were you able to contact Dick