is it possible to relocate the cruise control switches?

375

Asked by Mar 17, 2010 at 04:56 PM about the 1989 Buick Riviera

Hey guys. I am turning 16 soon and I am considering on getting a 1989 Buick Riviera and one thing I wanna do is
replace the ugly steering wheel on it but there is one problem. That problem would be the two cruise control
buttons on the left spoke of the steering wheel. I was thinking of replacing the Riviera steering wheel with a Buick
Regal steering wheel (1989-92 version) but what am I gonna do about the cruise control? could I install this
multifunctional stalk and make the cruise control work from there and not on the steering wheel?

4,545

It should be possible to swap a multifunctional stalk and keep the cruise control feature. It would be helpful to obtain wiring diagrams for the multifunctional switch and a wiring diagram for the factory cruise control. That way you can figure out which wires to cut from the steering wheel switch to the correct connection/terminal on the multifunctional switch. Hopefully this helps you out.

375

thanx sooooo much 4 ur help dude!!! this means alot to me because hardly anybody answer my questions that I post. thank you very much.