Van stalls and does not turn over

Asked by Apr 19, 2010 at 07:32 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Venture

2003 chevy venture van runs for a couple minutes than stop and the abs fuse is blow. replace the fuse runs for
a couple min again and van stops and fuse is blown again. Does anyone have any suggestions?

10

I had the exact same problem last year and this year again. First, had the pcm replaced, van ran fine for almost a year. Abs fuse started blowing again, bunch of rewiring/electric work done. Lasted 4 weeks and it happened again. Took it in, bunch of wires fused together, supposedly. Now, water is leaking through on both passenger and driver side when it rains, and the van won't start till it dries out a bit. I've been told the windshield seal is broken, and need to fix that. Wasted almost $3000 on repairs so far. My advice? Get rid of it as soon as you can. I wish I had.

30

Wow! I am also having the same problem it blows the pcm/abs fuse intermitently seem like temp has a factor in this situation I've found a bullitin on the the hole windshield leaking raz inspected for water intrusion in passenger compartment and found no signs of water? I may have to put the garden hose on windshield seal and reinspect? I'm at a loss on this cause at this time? it's all a matter of time till she shows her true colors lol

30

the fuse supplies key or ign power to the pcm, the main ign relay (in power distrabution center) and ebcm (electronic brake control module) all witch end up suppling power to relays inernal to the module except the ign main in the pdc under the hood. The guy looking at it before me had installed larger and larger fuses till they didnt blow and van would run witch wasnt the smartest thing to do because the wire from the ip fuse pan to power distro had melted i then started to suspect the main ign relay to be shorted internally i started to tap relay with screw driver handle and engine quit restarted eng tapped again same thing and couple other time engine would stumble with taps replaced relay van hasnt quit yet cross fingers GOOD LUCK