some problems

45

Asked by May 13, 2008 at 12:30 AM about the 1972 Porsche 914

in my 914 i have a few minor problems the i need help fixing but no one can answer. first how do you hook up the heater blower motor, second i have replaces all the fuses but my wipers still dont work and the motor is good what is the problem and last it leaks oil like a sive any ideas?

8,115

Alrighty... The blower motor should have a small harness it connects to in the engine compartment. My 76 is 120 miles away or I'd post pictures... As for the wipers, pull the fuse block down and make sure all the terminals are connected.. . Sometimes they can be knocked loose as people knock the fuse box with there feet getting in and out of the car, it's a slim chance but it's worth looking at. I'd double check your fuses though those ceramic fuses sometimes pop as soon as current hits em. There are a couple of after market fuse blocks you can look into. Jwest engineering I believe has one. As for oil leaks, that is just part of the 914. You should really worry if it stops leaking oil! But seriously get some after market viton seals for the push-rod tubes. Thats prolley the number one source of leaks. Also when you put the new seals in, make sure you place the push tubes in so that the casting seam points upwards. If you have any problems or questions, let me know. Also check out 914club.com forums there are the best for 914 problems. 914world.com is a close second