68 firebird convertible power window alignment

Asked by Jan 17, 2013 at 08:17 PM about the 1968 Pontiac Firebird

We are in the final phase of restoring my '68 firebird convertible. We are having difficulty aligning the windows. The
top of the driver side window sits close to the windshields pillar yet at the bottom of the same pillar there is a gap. It
also overlaps with the quarter window. There does not appear to be enough adjustment. The tracks have been
cleaned, the motors are running fine. Any suggestion how we can come to close alignment?

with the door panel off close the window then loosen the bolts on the regulator then slide it in the position you need.

You also have to adjust it to the rear window as it goes up and down. You may have to loosen the rear as well. I also have a 68 and restored it and had to do this procedure. RELATED. I have a dim headlight problem. If I run the car with the headlights on the blinkers do not blink and they drain the battery. THOUGHTS