how do i fix my overdrive

25

Asked by Dec 14, 2007 at 07:12 PM about the 1988 Pontiac 6000

i havea 1988 pontiac 6000 le with a 2.8 litre v-6, i recently had the motor changed and the overdrive has not worked since.  also after the motor was changed the car would vibrate badly once it reached around 100 km i unplugged the transmission sensor and the vibration stopped.   how do i fix my overdrive??????

only advice i know to give you is to take it back to who did the engine swap.how did a unpluged sensor stop a vibration?

42,565

Sounds like your torque convertor clutch has gone out. I would have someone replace that for you. The part is still available at the dealerships for around $40. Sounds like the guy who did your swap undid some stuff to.