I have a 86 Pontiac 6000 that runs fine for abou 10 minutes then stop running? Acts like its out of gas, wait over night then it starts right up. I've changed the coil and the fuel filter but still does it. I can hear the fuel pump running?

Asked by Aug 31, 2013 at 08:03 PM about the 1986 Pontiac 6000 STE

I have a 86 Pontiac 6000 STE that runs for 10 minutes and then stops, acts like its out of
gas, wait over night then starts right up again for 10 minutes? I can hear the fuel pump
pressure up, have changed out the coil and the fuel filter still not working?

70,255

Could be the ignition module in the distributor. Sometimes they break down when they get hot. When it dies, check for spark. Are you getting fuel to the injectors? When it dies check that too. HTH. -Jim

755

Could be the PCM.

Crank angle sensor hopefully not to late but did all the same things it was like 20 buck auto zone