1986 Nissan/dat that won't idle any suggestions

10

Asked by Feb 10, 2013 at 03:10 PM about the 1986 Nissan Pickup

I have a 1986 Nissan/dat truck d21 that I bought last year well when we bought it it started right up but now the truck
won't turn over at all. We have dash lights and signals and radio etc but it will not turn over. Have disconnected the
clutch thing that's behind the cluch lol.... And nothing have bought new starter and nothing literally nothing any
suggestions????

Thanks everyone it ended up being the ignition was locked... Now I have another question.... Anyone know why it
won't idle???? I can get it to start but it dies afterwards... Any suggestions?

755

Timing is off. I would check and make sure all wires are connected and in the right place. Check your distributor cap. You could losen your hold down bolt on the distributer cap and slowly adjust and see if that helps.

20

when you first started your truck was the starter working or not? because my truck is doing the same thing. it cranked up fine and i drove it to the store and put gas in it (where i usually buy gas) and then went to start it back up and it wouldnt, i didnt hear the starter trying to work either though. but i cant play the guessing game on buying parts lol