I have a 1985 VW. cabriolet. runs for by 4 seconds and a quits every time

20

Asked by Jul 29, 2014 at 10:40 PM about the 1985 Volkswagen Cabriolet

64,385

Check fuel filter?

64,385

If not filter check pump.

20

I put new fuel pumps.the one in the gas tank and the other one that goes out. New filter.cold start valve check. Fuel injectors work

64,385

The question is,after that four second,s of running and cutting off,which one is not working, fuel or fire?You may need to check fuel pressure and see if it drop,s leading you to fuel problem,if pressure hold,s look for firing problem such as coil.

64,385

All so check your ditsributor for bad rotor or cap.

9,315

hear is a good question is this car got a regular carburetor or the fuel injection system that's mounted on top of the air box? cause i can almost garentie its that stupid thing it tends to dry out if your car sits for over a month. i had that issue with my 1985 audi 5000